School closures due to Evacuation Orders
School Closures due to wildfires
- Career Pathways School, Wabasca Alberta
- Mistassiniy School, Wabasca Alberta
- St. Theresa School, Wabasca Alberta
- Chipewyan Lake School
- Pelican Mountain School (Sandy Lake)
- Paddle Prairie School: Closed for the remainder of the 2018-2019 school year.
Any decision regarding school operations will be announced once more information becomes available.
Sunday, May 26, 2019, at 6:00 p.m.: Paddle Prairie Métis Settlement
Re-entry for communities previously under Evacuation Order
Wednesday, June 12, 2019: Phase 3 Re-entry (Return of Residents) for Wabasca-Desmarais, Sandy Lake and Chipewyan Lake. The threat of wildfire still exists for the above-mentioned communities. As a result, a four (4) hour Evacuation Alert will remain in effect.
Question and Answer page for students, parents, staff impacted by the wildfires
Click here to view the Question and Answer page.
May Moments 2016
April Album 2016
Upcoming events include:
- swimming at Portage Pool
- March Assembly and Hi 5 Winners
- puppet show
- local MP visit
- and so much more!
March Memories 2016
In like a lamb came March and along with that came a great celebration of learning:
Check out memorable March memories including:
- Month-end assembly for February
- a generous presentation to the school
- Sienna Quintal, our 2016 Junior Achievement Ra Ra Award Recipient
- St Patrick's Day
- Wood Buffalo Library visit
- National Arts Council visit by Walter Whitebear
- Student-Led Conferences or parent-teacher Interviews
- and much, much, more!
February Fotos 2015
Happy Groundhog's Day,
Happy Valentine's Day,
Happy Alberta Family Day,
Happy Flag Day,
Happy, happy, everyday!
Stay tuned for photos featuring:
- January's assembly re attendance awards and class Hi 5 Awards
- Babysitting and first aid training in the grade 4-5-6 class
- Valentine Celebrations
- Oil Barons storm the school
- Cenovus pops by for gym
- Pink Shirt Day
- much, much, more!
Family Literacy Day/ Cook-off Challenge 2016
A great evening was enjoyed at the school by the community. Thanks to everyone who attended and participated in our Family Literacy Night and Cook-off Challenge.
As Mr. Carson suggests-
READ, READ, READ!
Please keep reading to your children.
Like cooking, it’s a skill that will last a lifetime!
It may be cold outside and our animal friends may need a little extra TLC, but at Conklin Community School we are hot and ENERGIZED about moving, reading and learning! Check out snaps from
- the floor hockey challenge with the RMWB's RCMP Detachment
- a visit from the Wood Buffalo Regional Library
- Miss Olivia stops by to play with the Scrabble Club
- playing in the snow
- and so much more...
October 2015 Pics
This month you can revisit:
- First Aid Training in the gr. 7-9 class
- Conklin Kids Do Care Club's Food Drive
- Student Vote
- Authors visits
- Memories from Halloween
August- September 2015 Pics
Pics of the grade 4-5-6 class & their Tree-mendous Tree Unit as well as photos taken during Fire Safety week...